(Written by: Sarah Sandy)
“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity” Proverbs 17:17 (NIV)
One of the biggest ways I am seeing God work through our team is making us step out of our comfort zones. As an introvert, I tend to wait for someone else to introduce themselves to me, but God is calling me to step out and take a leap into friendship with the students that I meet. This means introducing myself first and not waiting for others to do the job that God has called me to do. Jesus was the greatest example of stepping into friendship when he befriended the outcasts and the lowly. Just as Jesus changed lives when he did this, I want to impact the group of students that I come in contact with and share with them the love of Jesus.
Recently I found out how rewarding it is to be the first friend to someone and how much it meant to them to feel loved the first time in a new environment. It is a huge encouragement to know that my small step into a relationship with someone can inspire them to do the same with others. So as I train more for the oncoming trip, I know that I can be the friend to others that God has called me to be.
- Health for the team, especially Sarah, who is recovering from surgery
- The Family Bible Church team will reflect unity and the love of Jesus
- Effective coordination with team from LifePoint church in Nevada
- Czech students will come to a personal relationship with Jesus
- Effective preparation for teaching
- Attention to detail as we plan for what items we need to bring