(Written by: Caleb Sandy)
“Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity because the days are evil.” Ephesians 5:15-16
One of the goals of this mission trip is to share the Gospel with the students who come to camp. This normally starts by stepping into a spiritual conversation. Asking the first question is often the most difficult part for me because of the uncertainty of how the other person will react. It requires boldness in an uncomfortable situation.
And as a student at Arizona State University (ASU), starting spiritual conversations is familiar to me. I have talked with several of my classmates and instructors about my faith. But I know that doing this in the Czech Republic will be a very different experience with a whole new set of challenges. What will the language barrier be like? How much English will the students know? What kinds of words will I need to explain to them? Will I be able to explain the words at all?
As I ponder these things, I realize that I will need to rely on God to help me with all these new challenges and unknowns. I want to be prepared to make the most of every opportunity. How might God be calling you to step out of your comfort zone to boldly initiate spiritual conversation?
- Health for the team
- Financial support – We are at about 2/3 of our goal
- The Family Bible Church team will reflect unity and the love of Jesus
- Effective coordination with team from LifePoint church in Nevada
- Czech students will come to a personal relationship with Jesus
- Effective preparation for teaching
- Attention to detail as we plan for what items we need to bring