FBC 2024 Family Camping
Join us for outdoor fun, adventure, and great fellowship with other FBC families at the Crook Campground at Woods Canyon Lake. The cost is $70 per family to reserve your spot. The campground accommodates up to 18 families, sign up at the bottom of the page to reserve your spot today! For additional details about what to expect, available amenities, and what to bring just click on the headers below. Scroll to the bottom to sign-up.
How to Pay
There are 2 ways to pay for family camping this year.
- Pay online using the “Online Giving” link in the top right of the website. Make sure to select “Family Camping” from the “Fund” dropdown.
- Write a check payable to Family Bible Church with family camping noted on the memo line and drop it in an offering box.
Family Camping Basics
We have reserved Crook Campground at Woods Canyon Lake from Wednesday, June 5th to Sunday June 9th. This is an amazing group campground that will have just our families. It is right on the Mogollon Rim, about 30 miles from Payson. You may attend any of the days that you are available or just come visit us for a day.
Family camp-ing is a great opportunity to enjoy God’s beautiful creation while fellowshipping with many families from FBC. This is not a camp, but camping, so you need to bring an RV or tent to sleep in and your own food and equipment.
There are many activities to do here, some of which are listed below. We will have some group activities as well, including morning devotions at the center pavilion.
The cost is $70 per family. The campground accommodates up to 18 families. Please sign up asap so we can make plans. If you are considering attending, but not yet sure, please let Dave Mickey know.
Campground and Facility Info
Family Camping officially starts on Thursday, but if you want to arrive early, we’ve reserved it Wednesday night as well. We need to be out on Sunday by noon. Check out the campground websites ahead of time:
Maximum trailer length is published as 32’, but we have not had issues with longer RVs in the past.
The campground is mostly paved, with a couple of tent spots behind each double spot. So, your table, etc will be on a clean hard surface with only your tents in the dirt.
There are vault toilets, and a single water spigot for the campground. Bring some way to get water to your campsite, which will be up to 300 feet away. You may also want to bring your own water for drinking.
Showers – 9 miles away and $5 each. Super soaker shower – the Mickey’s campsite and $1 each.
Here is the campsite on google maps. We are using the “Group A” site.
Family Camping Activities
- Bring your bicycles, scooters, and skateboards! The campground is mostly paved, and the kids love to ride their bikes around and around and around the 1/10th mile loop. Also, the lake is about 1 mile away, and easy to ride your bikes DOWN to. Not so easy on the way back up.
- Go to the lake, you can rent a small aluminum boat, stand up paddleboard, or kayak from the store (link to their Facebook page).
- Fishing (if you are licensed)
- Walk the 5.2 mile path around the lake
- Walk to/along the rim.
- Play yard games like ladderball or baggo (bring yours)
- Super soaker battle (if you’re armed)
- NO sidewalk chalk (this was referred to as vandalism in the past by the camp hosts)